Hot Spots to Hit Before the United Center
Since Gold Coast Tickets is only 10 blocks east of the United Center, customers regularly ask us where to grab a bite to eat or a pre-game beverage before heading to the United Center for their event. Here’s a few spots to consider visiting before (or after) your United Center experience.
Some places offer shuttle service to and from games at the United Center so you only have to park once. Every place has a full menu except Dugan’s on Halsted which offers free, freshly-popped popcorn, but that’s it for food. Most places are considered West Loop except Hawkeye’s (Little Italy).
1. Billy Goat Tavern, 1535 W. Madison www.billygoattavern.com (opens at 6am for breakfast, closest place to the UC, free parking in lot)
2. West End Bar & Grill, 1326 W. Madison www.westendwestloop.com (shuttle service, 33 plasma tv’s)
3. Crossroads Bar & Grill, 1120 W. Madison www.thecrossroadschicago.com (shuttle service, 1/2 price apps w/ UC ticket stub after event)
4. Third Rail Tavern, 1133 W. Madison www.thirdrailtavern.com (brunch on Sat & Sun, shuttle service)
5. Beer Bistro, 1061 W. Madison www.thebeerbistro.com (seriously large selection of beers)
6. Market Bar Chicago, 1113 W. Randolph www.marketbarchicago.com (shuttle service, cool rooftop deck)
7. Moretti’s Ristorante & Pizzeria, 1645 W. Jackson www.morettischicago.com/jackson.php (shuttle service, great beer garden with bags set up)
8. Hawkeye’s Bar & Grill, 1458 W. Taylor www.hawkeyesbar.com (shuttle service from Little Italy!)
9. Union Park Lounge, 228 S. Racine www.unionparkchicago.com (shuttle service)
10. Jaks Tap, 901 W. Jackson www.jakstap.com (Village Tap’s cousin, 40 draft beers)
11. Dugan’s on Halsted, 128 S. Halsted www.dugansonhalsted.com (4am bar 7 days a week)
12. The Tasting Room, 1415 W. Randolph www.thetastingroomchicago.com (possibly Chicago’s best wine bar with full food menu)
13. The Bottom Lounge, 1375 W. Lake www.bottomlounge.com (live entertainment Wed-Sun, good for after a UC concert)